Orzo salad with tomatoes and spinach
• 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) orzo
• 12 to 15 cherry tomatoes cut in 2
• 500 ml (2 cups) baby spinach
• 80 ml (1/3 cup) sun–dried tomato vinaigrette
• 1 container of 200 g of bocconcini pearls
• 1/4 small red onion, chopped
Vinaigrette with sun–dried tomatoes and oregano
• 75 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
• 50 ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
• 1 ml (1/4 tsp) dried oregano
• 1 crushed garlic clove
• 4 sun–dried tomato halves (preferably preserved in oil),
drained and finely chopped
• salt and pepper
1. In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the orzo until al
dente. Drain. Cool under cold water and drain again.
2. In a salad bowl, mix the orzo with the cherry tomatoes,
spinach, vinaigrette, bocconcini and red onion. Salt and
For the dressing:
• Whisk the oil with the balsamic vinegar, oregano and garlic
• Add the dried tomatoes.
• Salt and pepper.
Idea to accompany:
Cut 1/2 baguette in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise. In a
bowl, mix 45 ml (3 tbsp) of softened butter with 15 ml (1 tbsp) of
chopped fresh parsley and 10 ml (2 tsp) of minced garlic. Salt
and pepper. Brush the pieces of bread with fragrant butter, then
garnish with 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of grated parmesan. Place
the bread pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 190°C (375°F).